Davidson Team Member Social Media Contest - Official RuleS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST AND CHANCE PLAYS NO PART IN THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AN AFFIDAVIT/ DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY, PUBLICITY AND LIABILITY RELEASE TO CLAIM THE PRIZE. THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR LINKEDIN.
The Davidson Team Member Social Media Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on Monday, December 2, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, December 23, 2019 (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Davidson Hotel Company LLC d/b/a Davidson Hotels & Resorts, located at One Ravinia Drive, Suite 1600, Atlanta, GA 30346, USA ("Sponsor" or "Davidson").
Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who are, at the time of entry, currently employed as hourly, part-time or full-time team members of Davidson ("Entrants", "team members" or "you"), including team members employed at hotel properties managed by Davidson Hotels & Resorts and Pivot Hotels & Resorts, and who are legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence at the time of entry, whichever is older. Members of your immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules ("Official Rules"). By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees unconditionally to the Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
How to Enter: To enter ("Entry" or "Submission"), you must:
(1) Follow and/or Like Davidson on at least one of the following social media channels:
(2) post a compelling, high quality digital photo of the Davidson/Pivot hotel or resort where you work, or another hotel or resort managed by Davidson/Pivot, to your personal Instagram, Facebook, and /or Twitter pages utilizing the #DavidsonHotels hashtag. Entrant must provide all required information requested by Davidson to confirm the Entrant's identity and eligibility. Photo entry must be submitted by Entrant. Each entry must comply with the Entry Content Guidelines and Photograph Requirements listed below ("Photograph Requirements"):
Alternative Method of Entry ("AMOE"): If you do not have access to the internet or the social media channels listed above, you can submit your digital photo to your property's Human Resources Director.
Entry Content Guidelines and Photograph Requirements: Photos that you submit must comply with the following guidelines and requirements:
- Submissions are not limited to one per team member - feel free to post as many photos as you'd like! The more stand-out photos that you post, the greater your chances are of winning.
- All photograph(s) submitted must be in digital format (e.g., JPG, PNG, or GIF).
- Submissions will only be considered valid if #DavidsonHotels hashtag is used.
- All submissions must be posted from a public profile, because Davidson cannot see any content from private accounts. Should you need to create a new account that is public in order to post photos, that is acceptable.
- Any photo submitted that is not of satisfactory quality may be rejected, at Davidson's sole discretion. Your photos must have been taken by you, must be your original idea and MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- Photos MUST NOT have previously been published, released or distributed in a commercial context, and MUST NOT have previously won any award or photo contest.
- Photos must depict either your property or another Davidson/Pivot property. Photo content should include but is not limited to public spaces, lobbies, guest rooms and suites, restaurants, lounges and bars, roof decks, pools, spas, golf courses, beaches, building exteriors, hallways, interesting architecture, interior design, etc. We are only looking for property-specific photography, not destination-driven.
- For photos that include people, either individuals or groups, please ensure that you've received signed crowd release and/or individual photo release forms (please contact Carrie Drost in Davidson corporate marketing for these templates if you don't have them)
- Photos MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, entry submissions MUST NOT include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, books, articles, music, etc. or identifying descriptions of any media property, except those of Davidson or the hotel properties.
- For questions or clarification, please email Carrie Drost, Director, Communications: email@example.com
What constitutes a great, high quality photo?
- No selfies
- Try not to take photos with people, trash cans, various objects in the background
- Avoid photos that require flash
- Avoid filters
- Use natural light whenever possible
- Enable grid lines on your camera or phone to help with balance and symmetry
- Think about the golden hour for lighting (around 4-5 p.m., just before sunset) to avoid shadows
- Overhead food photos are excellent
- Try to avoid anything too close-up so that photo is contextualized and fosters a sense of place